Sunday, June 11, 2006

iPod debug menu

I have been searching for a way to fix my seemingly un-repairable iPod for months now. I had assumed it just needed to be charged from a real electrical outlet. Wrong. Apparently, the problem which my iPod suffers from, is caused by a bad flash of the firmware. There is a secret debug menu hidden which I can access by holding down the Rewind, Forward, and "Enter" keys upon booting. I cannot find any documentaion of the 15 or so utilities available in this mode anywhere online. I'm not sure if it will enable me to fix the iPod yet, but I'm not going to stop trying these options until I get this fucking thing working again. As a side note; don't mess with the debug stuff unless your willing to possibly damage your iPod, and if you do fuck yours up... don't blame me.

No comments: