Friday, May 12, 2006

all I want for christmas

So I have found what I need to fix my iMac. The SuperDrive which is broken in mine is apparently a hard item to come by. I have seen it listed for anywhere from $250-$300. Definately not worth the purchase. The cheapest one I've found is for sale here at about $100. Guess I need to start saving my pennies. While I'm in there fixing that, I'll need to re-apply thermal paste too, so I can't forget to buy some of that. Also, I figure I should max out my RAM while I'm taking the machine apart. Which is going to be a 512MB DIMM PC2700 DDR333 chip available here. That will bring me to 1GIG of RAM, which maxes out my machine. Since I'm not able to purchase a new Mac right now, that's all I can do. When I can buy a new machine I'll be looking into a MacBook Pro to save space in the homestead and because Krissy would like a Windows PC... which I want nothing to do with ;)

Of course, I probably won't be able to afford any of that shit for a while. It's nice to dream though.

No comments: